Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[asterisk-users] Asterisk compile in VM move to actual hardware get illegal instruction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry.geis at gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] Asterisk compile in VM move to actual hardw Reply with quote

HI All

I have a need to create a VM - install asterisk from source - then move the VM to a physical box.
When I do this - I get illegal instruction when starting asterisk.
So I recompile on the physical box and then everything is fine. Problem is there are a number of these physical boxes.

The VM is Intel box (host) and the physical box is a celeron. So something is not right there.
What would be a good ./configure option that asterisk can compile with on the VM image so this illegal instruction does on occur ?

Thanks,

Jerry
support at drdos.info

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] Asterisk compile in VM move to actual hardw Reply with quote

On 8/8/20 8:35 AM, Jerry Geis wrote:

Quote:
The VM is Intel box (host) and the physical box is a celeron. So something is not right there.
What would be a good ./configure option that asterisk can compile with on the VM image so this illegal instruction does on occur ?

Jerry,

Under Compiler Flags uncheck

BUILD_NATIVE

Doug
jerry.geis at gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] Asterisk compile in VM move to actual hardw Reply with quote

Quote:
> Under Compiler Flags uncheck
Quote:
BUILD_NATIVEhi Doug - thanks! Is there a way to do that from the "./configure" command line ?Jerry

jerry.geis at gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] Asterisk compile in VM move to actual hardw Reply with quote

I think I found how to do it...
menuselect/menuselect --disable BUILD_NATIVE 

Jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: