Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Freeswitch-users] TLS 1.3 with verto

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidswalkabout at gma...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] TLS 1.3 with verto Reply with quote

We use FS 10.5 on Debian for verto calls with setting sip_tls_version=tlsv1.2 and an apache2 reverse proxy for WebSocket logins so there's no port number in the WSS url so there should be no problem with restrictive firewalls for WSS login.

In recent months we've seen some of the login attempts timeout, and there's nothing in the FS log at debug level to indicate why. But after a few minutes, verto's reattempts succeed in logging in. Has anyone else experienced this and found the cause?

I thought I found the reason in our apache error.log, because it shows that some access attempts use TLSv1.3. I tried to get apache to reject these by switching its config to...

SSLProtocol -all +TLSv1.2

...but the TLSv1.3 attempts still behave the same. (Also, although these attempts appear in error.log, there's no hint about why they are in this log instead of access.log.)

Can someone confirm that FS 10.5 doesn't yet support TLSv1.3?

Cheers,
David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: