Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch

[Freeswitch-users] FS does not relay X-header in 401 and 407 responses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
patrickarton at hotmai...
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] FS does not relay X-header in 401 and 407 Reply with quote

i noticed that Freeswitch does not relay X-header in 401 or 407 response code !!!

is there a way to enable it

Thanks.
Back to top
abalashov at evaristes...
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] FS does not relay X-header in 401 and 407 Reply with quote

This gives rise to a crinkled brow, a nonplussed reaction, and a natural question: what are you trying to accomplish?

Perhaps there is another way to accomplish it?

— Alex

Quote:
On Jul 13, 2022, at 12:10 PM, Patrick Karton <patrickarton@hotmail.com> wrote:

i noticed that Freeswitch does not relay X-header in 401 or 407 response code !!!

is there a way to enable it

Thanks.
Enhance your FreeSWITCH install with disruptive priced SMS and PSTN services.
Build your next product on our scalable cloud platform.

Join our online community to chat in real time https://signalwire.community

Professional FreeSWITCH Services
sales@freeswitch.com
https://freeswitch.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
https://freeswitch.com/oss
https://freeswitch.org/confluence
https://cluecon.com

FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org
https://freeswitch.com

--

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)

Enhance your FreeSWITCH install with disruptive priced SMS and PSTN services.
Build your next product on our scalable cloud platform.

Join our online community to chat in real time https://signalwire.community

Professional FreeSWITCH Services
sales@freeswitch.com
https://freeswitch.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
https://freeswitch.com/oss
https://freeswitch.org/confluence
https://cluecon.com

FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org
https://freeswitch.com
Back to top
patrickarton at hotmai...
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] FS does not relay X-header in 401 and 407 Reply with quote

Hello Alex,

in fact i want to relay another Q.850 through X- header because freeswitch always add Q.850 for all >=400 final responses.

i have a setup like this

Caller <-----> Freeswitch <---> Callee

if callee send a final reply >=400 with a Q.850 code i want it to be relayed to caller on leg A and not the freeswitch One.

krice at freeswitch.org
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] FS does not relay X-header in 401 and 407 Reply with quote

FreeSwitch is not a proxy. Its a B2BUA.

relaying such values is what a proxy does.

401 and 407 specifically are what you send for rejecting calls because the user/pass is not correct on things like the initial invite or a register request. and they also include additional headers for challenging auth. Freeswitch is not going to pass that back either.

and this doesnt touch on the Q.850 which is not a SIP reason but an ISUP reason. You can put SIP data in the Reason header but then its now a Q.850 anymore

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jul 25, 2022, at 17:40, Patrick Karton <patrickarton@hotmail.com> wrote:

[...]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:33 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] FS does not relay X-header in 401 and 407 Reply with quote

To Ken’s point, you seem to be in the market for a highly programmable SIP proxy, such as Kamailio or OpenSIPS.

Quote:
On Jul 25, 2022, at 6:40 PM, Patrick Karton <patrickarton@hotmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Display posts from previous:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:
You cannot vote in polls in this forum