Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
p4t1t0 at gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] draft sip-outbound Reply with quote

Hi list,

i would like to know if freeswitch implements draft sip-outbound or i can active this draft.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-15

thanks
Back to top
mike at jerris.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] draft sip-outbound Reply with quote

There is some work towards earlier drafts in the sip stack, but I would doubt we are 100% in sync with the latest drafts.

Mike

mgg at giagnocavo.net
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] draft sip-outbound Reply with quote

Do you need this particular draft, or just the functionality? I skimmed it and it just seems like an attempt from the IETF to try to standardize what people have had to do to make SIP work with NAT anyways.

In particular, NAT’d clients are probably gonna be sending a REGISTER every 60-300 seconds anyways, so the utility of a keepalive from the server is questionable. Additionally, for any NAT traversal to work, the server is going to need to remember the IP and port the client registered from (versus the contact header).

-Michael

i would like to know if freeswitch implements draft sip-outbound or i can active this draft.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-15

thanks
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:
You cannot vote in polls in this forum