Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
kurt at nv.net
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] BRI for North American switch types Reply with quote

We've had a lot of problems with echo on POTS lines recently - seems the LECs are busy implementing VoIP backhaul and creating all sorts of weirdness in the local network. BRI solves this (for now) but the only gateway we have been able to find that will handle US BRI lines (switch types NI-1, 5ESS, etc.) has been to use a Cisco 2600 with a BRI WIC card and an external NT-1. All of the commercial BRI gateways we have looked at do not support North American switch types.

So

Is there a BRI card out there that supports North American switch types and will work with FreeSwitch?

<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FreeSwitch_FAQ> says "The q931/q921 in OpenZAP will not support BRI as it stands today, and it will take quite some work for this to happen. But we have something in the plans for BRI sooner than that."

Yet <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Openzap.conf.xml_Examples#Using_with_BRI> says "dialect can be "q931" for EuroISDN, "national", "dms" or "5ess""

I'm a tad confused...

thanks!

Back to top
krice at suspicious.org
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] BRI for North American switch types Reply with quote

Look at Adtran... They have some things in the atlas series that might be
more to your liking... However it might be too large

Quote:

kurt at nv.net
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] BRI for North American switch types Reply with quote

Have a number of Atlas 800 and 830 boxes here and use them all the time for PRI testing and inteop. No VoIP module for those - just confirmed with Adtran to be certain. So yes, we could use an Atlas to convert BRI to PRI, but then we need a PRI card/gateway and we are again adding a lot of parts and expense to a simple setup.

I see there might be some hope for the Eicon (now Dialogic) boards via CAPI <http://www.dialogic.com/support/helpweb/slnxen/asterisk.asp>
<http://www.dialogic.com/products/tdm_boards/system_release_software/Diva_for_Linux.htm>

Will FreeSwitch talk to CAPI?

From: Kurt Albershardt <kurt@nv.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:41:35 -0700
To: <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org>

--

Back to top
anthony.minessale at g...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] BRI for North American switch types Reply with quote

It would be interesting to be able to support CAPI but there has been no effort as of yet.
That doesn't mean it's not a good idea, it just takes time and people and resources.

From: Kurt Albershardt <kurt@nv.net (kurt@nv.net)>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:41:35 -0700
To: <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)>

[...]

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm
MSN:anthony_minessale@hotmail.com ([email]MSN%3Aanthony_minessale@hotmail.com[/email])
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale@gmail.com ([email]PAYPAL%3Aanthony.minessale@gmail.com[/email])
IRC: irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
sip:888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]sip%3A888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
iax:guest@conference.freeswitch.org/888
googletalk:conf+888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]googletalk%3Aconf%2B888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
pstn:213-799-1400
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:
You cannot vote in polls in this forum