Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
brian at freeswitch.org
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] freeswitch as a stateful SIP proxy or bac Reply with quote

Follow this thread http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2008-October/007516.html

/b

On Oct 28, 2008, at 3:26 PM, Ryan McDougall wrote:

Quote:
Apologies if this has been answered somewhere already, but does
freeswitch expose an API that would make it appropriate as a SIP
proxy?

Any advice you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Back to top

sempuki1 at gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] freeswitch as a stateful SIP proxy or bac Reply with quote

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:26 PM, Ryan McDougall <sempuki1@gmail.com> wrote:
Quote:
Apologies if this has been answered somewhere already, but does
freeswitch expose an API that would make it appropriate as a SIP
proxy?

Any advice you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

As my research continues I see how badly phrased my question was.

A stateful SIP proxy and a B2BUA are very different beasts it would seem.

The former is best accomplished by taking Kamailio and using its
custom scripting language to write into to a database using one of its
DB plugins.

The latter can only be accomplished by using FreeSwitch, since the
above scripting language is rather limited.

My revised question is this: What API does does FreeSwitch expose to
implement a SIP B2BUA, and where?

In other words can you point me to any documentation for implementing
a SIP B2BUA?

Cheers,

Back to top
krice at suspicious.org
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] freeswitch as a stateful SIP proxy or bac Reply with quote

FreeSwitch *IS* a b2bua... You don't have to implement anything... There
are already plenty of high level (and config based) options to set up a
b2bua in a variety of configurations... Check out the wiki
(http://wiki.freeswitch.org) for some example configs

Quote:
From: Ryan McDougall <sempuki1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:31:59 +0200
To: <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org>
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] freeswitch as a stateful SIP proxy or
back2back user agent?

sempuki1 at gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] freeswitch as a stateful SIP proxy or bac Reply with quote

Maybe I should be more specific, and you can tell me where I am going wrong.

I wish to implement SIP-based IM, presence, and voice in a MMO game. I
need to take incoming SIP requests and authorize them with my own UDP
or XMLRPC-based authentication server, so I can sync SIP and game
authorizations.

What do you suggest?

Cheers,

From: Ryan McDougall <sempuki1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:31:59 +0200
To: <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org>
back2back user agent?

krice at suspicious.org
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] freeswitch as a stateful SIP proxy or bac Reply with quote

In that case you should look at the xml-curl stuff on the wiki... With it
you can feed the user auth information from an external database

Quote:
From: Ryan McDougall <sempuki1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:47:03 +0200
To: <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org>
back2back user agent?

From: Ryan McDougall <sempuki1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:31:59 +0200
To: <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org>
back2back user agent?

[...]

anthony.minessale at g...
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] freeswitch as a stateful SIP proxy or bac Reply with quote

cool! is it fun?

From: Ryan McDougall <sempuki1@gmail.com (sempuki1@gmail.com)>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:31:59 +0200
To: <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)>
back2back user agent?

--
Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm
MSN:anthony_minessale@hotmail.com ([email]MSN%3Aanthony_minessale@hotmail.com[/email])
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale@gmail.com ([email]PAYPAL%3Aanthony.minessale@gmail.com[/email])
IRC: irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
sip:888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]sip%3A888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
iax:guest@conference.freeswitch.org/888
googletalk:conf+888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]googletalk%3Aconf%2B888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
pstn:213-799-1400
Back to top
sempuki1 at gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] freeswitch as a stateful SIP proxy or bac Reply with quote

Making the game part is fun! Not understanding telecoms or pbxs isn't. Wink

I'll do some more experiments and get back to you guys.

Thanks for the help so far.

Cheers,

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Anthony Minessale
<anthony.minessale@gmail.com> wrote:
Quote:
cool! is it fun?

From: Ryan McDougall <sempuki1@gmail.com>

[...]