Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch

[Freeswitch-users] RTMP Support (Flash)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
saurabh_aggarwal at ho...
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] RTMP Support (Flash) Reply with quote

Any plans on adding RTMP support to freeswitch - that could be a real killer feature, allowing flash clients to call into Freeswitch.

Now that Red5 has done all the hard work, it would be pretty cool if an endpoint can be developed.

-Saurabh

Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. Learn Now
Back to top
anthony.minessale at g...
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] RTMP Support (Flash) Reply with quote

it's licensed lgpl, so it's compatible so sure why not!

--
Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm
MSN:anthony_minessale@hotmail.com ([email]MSN%3Aanthony_minessale@hotmail.com[/email])
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale@gmail.com ([email]PAYPAL%3Aanthony.minessale@gmail.com[/email])
IRC: irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
sip:888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]sip%3A888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
iax:guest@conference.freeswitch.org/888
googletalk:conf+888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]googletalk%3Aconf%2B888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
pstn:213-799-1400
Back to top
anthony.minessale at g...
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] RTMP Support (Flash) Reply with quote

doh, it's in java! That might be a little more challenging.

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale@gmail.com (anthony.minessale@gmail.com)> wrote:
[...]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] RTMP Support (Flash) Reply with quote

Yup. But, still would be a killer feature if it can be done. Click to Call from web is all freeswitch needs to differentiate itself from Asterisk. The Jingle endpoint (first at freeswitch) was something that got me over to freeswitch, I am sure RTMP would get a lot more.

-Saurabh

Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:01:10 -0600
From: anthony.minessale@gmail.com
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] RTMP Support (Flash)

Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. [url=http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!20EE04FBC541789!167.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008]Learn Now[/url]

--

MSN:anthony_minessale@hotmail.com ([email]MSN:anthony_minessale@hotmail.com[/email])
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale@gmail.com ([email]PAYPAL:anthony.minessale@gmail.com[/email])
IRC: irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
sip:888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]sip:888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
iax:guest@conference.freeswitch.org/888
googletalk:conf+888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]googletalk:conf%2B888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
pstn:213-799-1400

--
Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm
MSN:anthony_minessale@hotmail.com ([email]MSN:anthony_minessale@hotmail.com[/email])
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale@gmail.com ([email]PAYPAL:anthony.minessale@gmail.com[/email])
IRC: irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
sip:888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]sip:888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
iax:guest@conference.freeswitch.org/888
googletalk:conf+888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]googletalk:conf%2B888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
pstn:213-799-1400
Store, manage and share up to 5GB with Windows Live SkyDrive. Start uploading now
Back to top
saurabh_aggarwal at ho...
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] RTMP Support (Flash) Reply with quote

There's another project (porting Red5 to C++) -
http://code.google.com/p/red5cpp/

-Saurabh

From: saurabh_aggarwal@hotmail.com
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 07:18:54 +0000

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;} Yup. But, still would be a killer feature if it can be done. Click to Call from web is all freeswitch needs to differentiate itself from Asterisk. The Jingle endpoint (first at freeswitch) was something that got me over to freeswitch, I am sure RTMP would get a lot more.

-Saurabh

Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:01:10 -0600
From: anthony.minessale@gmail.com
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org

[...]

Store, manage and share up to 5GB with Windows Live SkyDrive. Start uploading now Stay organized with simple drag and drop from Windows Live Hotmail. Try it
Back to top
jocke29 at gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] RTMP Support (Flash) Reply with quote

Or one could wait for project pacifica to get up to speed in the Adobe labs, witch i think would be a better solution.

brian at freeswitch.org
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] RTMP Support (Flash) Reply with quote

Do you have any links about this project?

/b

birgit at westhawk.co.uk
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] RTMP Support (Flash) Reply with quote

Sorry, I realise we're getting slightly of topic and excuses for the
commercial angle..

Have a look at http://www.phonefromhere.com . That provides 'Click to
Call'. It's implemented in Java, hence more platform & browser
independent than Flash.

Cheers, Birgit

<mailto:saurabh_aggarwal@hotmail.com>>

Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:01:10 -0600
From: anthony.minessale@gmail.com <mailto:anthony.minessale@gmail.com>
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org
<mailto:freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org>

<anthony.minessale@gmail.com <mailto:anthony.minessale@gmail.com>>

<mailto:saurabh_aggarwal@hotmail.com>> wrote:

Any plans on adding RTMP support to freeswitch - that could
be a real killer feature, allowing flash clients to call
into Freeswitch.

Now that Red5 has done all the hard work, it would be pretty
cool if an endpoint can be developed.

-Saurabh

--
-- Birgit Arkesteijn, birgit@westhawk.co.uk,
-- Westhawk Ltd, Albion Wharf, 19 Albion Street, Manchester M1 5LN, UK

Back to top
jocke29 at gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] RTMP Support (Flash) Reply with quote

Of course sorry for that.

http://pac.ifica.net/

2008/11/4 Brian West <brian@freeswitch.org (brian@freeswitch.org)>
Quote:
Do you have any links about this project?

/b

On Nov 4, 2008, at 6:47 AM, jocke eriksson wrote:

Quote:
Or one could wait for project pacifica to get up to speed in the
Adobe labs, witch i think would be a better solution.

Back to top
anthony.minessale at g...
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] RTMP Support (Flash) Reply with quote

The issue with java is not the client side it's the fact that the server itself is java which makes it
a lot more difficult to link into FreeSWITCH.

We do have a mod_java with embedded java so we could embed the whole red5 server but then we would have to expose a ton of FreeSWITCH internals to java and right now we only have a sandboxed api exposed for doing ivr stuff.

The other option would be make a module for this red5 that in turn calls FS over event socket and
used the unicast command to direct audio over udp into the java module.

The best option would be if there is a c or c++ version of the lib (as rumored on a few posts back)
Then we can compile the server right into FS.

<mailto:saurabh_aggarwal@hotmail.com (saurabh_aggarwal@hotmail.com)>>

Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:01:10 -0600

Quote:
From: anthony.minessale@gmail.com (anthony.minessale@gmail.com) <mailto:anthony.minessale@gmail.com (anthony.minessale@gmail.com)>
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)

Quote:
<mailto:freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)>

<anthony.minessale@gmail.com (anthony.minessale@gmail.com) <mailto:anthony.minessale@gmail.com (anthony.minessale@gmail.com)>>

<mailto:saurabh_aggarwal@hotmail.com (saurabh_aggarwal@hotmail.com)>> wrote:

[...]

Display posts from previous:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:
You cannot vote in polls in this forum