Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch

[Freeswitch-users] SIP incoming call routing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
saurabh_aggarwal at ho...
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] SIP incoming call routing Reply with quote

We are using freeswitch as a SIP proxy, where we are letting people register with freeswitch, and in-turn we do the SIP registration for them to "arbitrary" sip servers (as requested by users) - each user gets his own sip gateway in the freeswitch configuration. Then they can make outgoing calls and calls are routed through their specific SIP gateway.

Now the problem is that when a call is received from one of these SIP registrations, it hits the public.xml where I can't seem to figure out how to get the SIP gateway information from which it came in. The SIP gateway name actually contains the information where it should be routed to. Any ideas on how to approach this problem?

Question - is it possible to do it in the dialplan (dynamic) or do we have to write an application to do this mapping?

-Saurabh
When your life is on the go葉ake your life with you. Try Windows Mobileョ today
Back to top
talk2ram at gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] SIP incoming call routing Reply with quote

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Saurabh Aggarwal <saurabh_aggarwal@hotmail.com (saurabh_aggarwal@hotmail.com)> wrote:
[...]

have you looked at this example

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Getting_Started_Guide#Receiving_an_inbound_call_from_a_Gateway

ram
Back to top
saurabh_aggarwal at ho...
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] SIP incoming call routing Reply with quote

Yes, but there is no DID in my system for incoming calls. I have users dynamically registering gateways, and calls coming in to SIP ids that they have used to register.

-Saurabh

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:12:28 +0530
From: talk2ram@gmail.com
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] SIP incoming call routing

[...]

anthony.minessale at g...
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] SIP incoming call routing Reply with quote

whatever you put in the "extension" param in the gateway should control what destination_number it has in the inbound call. you can also do your regex in your dialplan on any of the info in the sip packet besides destination number if you wish.

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:12:28 +0530
From: talk2ram@gmail.com (talk2ram@gmail.com)
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)

--
Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm
MSN:anthony_minessale@hotmail.com ([email]MSN%3Aanthony_minessale@hotmail.com[/email])
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale@gmail.com ([email]PAYPAL%3Aanthony.minessale@gmail.com[/email])
IRC: irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
sip:888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]sip%3A888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
iax:guest@conference.freeswitch.org/888
googletalk:conf+888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]googletalk%3Aconf%2B888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
pstn:213-799-1400
Back to top
saurabh_aggarwal at ho...
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] SIP incoming call routing Reply with quote

Thanks - that does work to an extent.

Now the problem is that not all gateways would allow "arbitrary" extensions. E.g. AIM Callout - it *requires* that the extension/caller-id be your aim username.

-Saurabh

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:12:28 +0530
From: talk2ram@gmail.com (talk2ram@gmail.com)
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)

MSN:anthony_minessale@hotmail.com ([email]MSN:anthony_minessale@hotmail.com[/email])
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale@gmail.com ([email]PAYPAL:anthony.minessale@gmail.com[/email])
IRC: irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
sip:888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]sip:888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
iax:guest@conference.freeswitch.org/888
googletalk:conf+888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]googletalk:conf%2B888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
pstn:213-799-1400
When your life is on the go葉ake your life with you. Try Windows Mobileョ today
Back to top
anthony.minessale at g...
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] SIP incoming call routing Reply with quote

The extension param only influences the username portion of the contact address?.
If they require a certain contact address username they are insane.
We also have extra params like from-domain, and caller-id-in-from to compensate for other foolish broken sip services
who use pointless unnatural requirements on the contents of your invite for security.

If you must set the contact to your username, you would have to match on something else in the invite.
It would be up to them to send something significant in the invite that you could match against to tell what number they are calling.

destination_number is not the only thing you can regex for, route all calls to the "info" app and call the various did and look
for a variable that will tell you the info you need.

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:12:28 +0530
From: talk2ram@gmail.com (talk2ram@gmail.com)
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)

[...]

Display posts from previous:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:
You cannot vote in polls in this forum