Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
mszlazak at aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Recommendations on ATA's for WinXP and mo Reply with quote

I would appreciate some recommendations on ATA (analogue telephony adapters) of either external (e.g. Sipura 3000 which has been updated to a Linksys box) or internal (Digium 410) type. This would be for a home test system with one phone line running FS on Windows XP on a motherboard with shared interrupts (ASUS P5E-VM HDMI). I would like external ATA's over internal ones but will go the latter if need be. Will the shared interrupts be a big problem? What are good choices for this set up and approximate prices?Instant access to the latest & most popular FREE games while you browse with the Games Toolbar - Download Now!
Back to top
mike at jerris.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Recommendations on ATA's for WinXP and mo Reply with quote

We don't currently have any tdm card support on windows.

Mike

mszlazak at aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Recommendations on ATA's for WinXP and mo Reply with quote

Mike, just a follow up on my last email.

I took you to mean that TDM = ATA but do you mean that FS does not support Digium TDM card? No problem.

I see people talking about using Linksys SPA3102, Grandstream Handytone ATA-488, etc.

If you can't give a recommendation on this public list then would you be kind enough to email me one directly.

Thanks.

Mark.

mszlazak at aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Recommendations on ATA's for WinXP and mo Reply with quote

Yikes!

That doesn't seem like good news.

Since you do have FS for Windows, what can I use to connect my plain old telephone line into my computer so it can interact with FS?

If nothing is available currently then when if ever will it become so?

Thanks.

Mark.

mszlazak at aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Recommendations on ATA's for WinXP and mo Reply with quote

Thanks you Dave!

Posters are responding with their choices so I'll have a few sources and prices to choose from.
Maybe a nice list will form for others to see what's available.

Cheers.

Mark.

Mike, just a follow up on my last email.

I took you to mean that TDM = ATA but do you mean that FS does not support Digium TDM card? No problem.

I see people talking about using Linksys SPA3102, Grandstream Handytone ATA-488, etc.

I've a Grandstream 486 which I've used for testing with no problems at all. I'd expect any ATA to work fine, +/- some possible tweaking if there's NAT happening somewhere between the ATA and FreeSWITCH.

--Dave
Quote:
--
David Knell, Director, 3C Limited
T: 020 8114 8901 F: 020 3002 7257 M: 001 415 630 3031

Quote:

Instant access to the latest & most popular FREE games while you browse with the Games Toolbar - Download Now!
Back to top
anthony.minessale at g...
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Recommendations on ATA's for WinXP and mo Reply with quote

pika cards are supposed to work on windows
and sangoma will at some point.

none of it has been tested so because nobody ever wanted it to date.

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 12:19 PM, <mszlazak@aol.com (mszlazak@aol.com)> wrote:
[...]

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm
MSN:anthony_minessale@hotmail.com ([email]MSN%3Aanthony_minessale@hotmail.com[/email])
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale@gmail.com ([email]PAYPAL%3Aanthony.minessale@gmail.com[/email])
IRC: irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
sip:888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]sip%3A888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
iax:guest@conference.freeswitch.org/888
googletalk:conf+888@conference.freeswitch.org ([email]googletalk%3Aconf%2B888@conference.freeswitch.org[/email])
pstn:213-799-1400
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:
You cannot vote in polls in this forum