Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch

[Freeswitch-users] How to make FS to use ODBC instead of SQL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
gang.chen at insightbb...
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] How to make FS to use ODBC instead of SQL Reply with quote

I am tring to configure FS to use ODBC with mysql instead of sqlite to store all the SIP registration information.
The UnixODBC and mysql all work fine. I also find the doc on the web regarding install SpiderMonkey ODBC. It seems that this one is for using javascript to access ODBC db.
What is the procedure to enable ODBC support for FS core system? I guess I also need to create database schema for FS to use. Where can I find it?
I compile FS with following steps:
1) uncomment the languages/mod_spidermonkey_odbc line within the build/modules.conf file.
2) ./configure --enable-core-odbc-support
3) make all install

What else do I need to do to make FS using ODBC instead of sqlite?
database name? table structure? user name? password? etc

Gary
Back to top
mike at jerris.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] How to make FS to use ODBC instead of SQL Reply with quote

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Using_ODBC_in_the_core

You can configure odbc as normal on the box to setup the dsn's then follow the instructions at that link. FreeSWITCH will create the tables it needs for you.

Mike

On Nov 12, 2008, at 3:54 PM, gary wrote:
[...]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] How to make FS to use ODBC instead of SQL Reply with quote

Thanks.
In the instruction, it state that "A separate database should be used for each, including each type of SIP (external, internal and nat are typical examples). Therefore, the odbc.ini in /etc, should include an entry for each database used". Why is that? Can I use one database for all?

Gary
Quote:
[...]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] How to make FS to use ODBC instead of SQL Reply with quote

Thanks. I will use one DB.
Quote:
mike at jerris.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] How to make FS to use ODBC instead of SQL Reply with quote

I don't agree with that statement on the wiki.

On Nov 13, 2008, at 8:12 AM, gary wrote:
Quote:
Thanks.
In the instruction, it state that "A separate database should be used for each, including each type of SIP (external, internal and nat are typical examples). Therefore, the odbc.ini in /etc, should include an entry for each database used". Why is that? Can I use one database for all?

Gary

Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:
You cannot vote in polls in this forum