Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Users
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
jerry.geis at gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] Failed to authenticate device message Reply with quote

I am getting this message:Failed to authenticate device <sip:2010@X.X.X.X>;tag=149853321 for INVITE, code = -1

but it does not report the "connecting" address. Who is failing connecting ?
I either need to block someone or fix something - I'm thinking block - but I dont know who.
How do I found out the connecting IP?

Jerry
Back to top
jerry.geis at gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] Failed to authenticate device message Reply with quote

Quote:
>exten = i,1,Verbose(Incoming ANONYMOUS SIP call from ${CALLERID(name)}
Quote:
${CALLERID(num)} SRC IP ${CHANNEL(recvip)})

Thanks - its not an incoming call - its just a log on the CLIThere is nothing before it and nothing after - no incoming call.

Jerry
Back to top
andrew at rwts.com.au
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] Failed to authenticate device message Reply with quote

Did you check your security log?

There is usually a wealth of info there about who, what, where when and why.

Andrew

--
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:

--
--

Andrew Yager, CEO (BCompSc, JNCIS-SP, MACS (Snr) CP)

business nbn™ advisor (advisor 01783150)
Real World Technology Solutions - IT People you can trust
Voice | Data | IT Procurement | Managed IT
rwts.com.au | 1300 798 718

[img]https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1M0bR7j1-rXl-e7k5f1Rhwot6K_vfuAvn&revid=0B4fBbZ0cwq-1WFdQSExlR28rOEtUanJjOGcvQnJjMFhEMlEwPQ[/img]

Real World is a DellEMC Gold Partner

This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is addressed and its content is not intended for use by any other persons. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately. Please also destroy and delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. We are not liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
Back to top
jerry.geis at gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] Failed to authenticate device message Reply with quote

Quote:
>Did you check your security log?

Quote:
There is usually a wealth of info there about who, what, where when and whyI also checked /var/log/asterisk/messages and it just has the same line. Nothing additional.Jerry

Back to top
support at telium.io
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] Failed to authenticate device message Reply with quote

You didn’t post the Asterisk version, but if this is an OLD asterisk version then the source IP may be missing from messages/logs.

If you have low traffic in general then using something like Wireshark may help you examine any suspicious SIP packet on the PBX.  For higher volumes it’s like drinking from a fire hydrant, so not suitable.

If this is a small PBX, have a look at the SecAst product (https://teium.io/secast).  It’s free for small installations.  It’s an Asterisk security product that monitors network traffic at a the adapter level so it can sniff the source.  It also talks to Asterisk through the AMI so it can get more details of the connection/session that way.  If this is for a larger PBX then you would have to move the discussion to the biz list for more info on SecAst.  (Or email me off list)