Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Users
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
dan at amtelco.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: [asterisk-users] ARI Stop Playback Reply with quote

Should the ARI DELETE /playback/{playbackId} be able to stop a playback when a number is being played?

Here is a test I am running. I am playing multiple portions (sounds and numbers).

curl -v -u asterisk:asterisk -X POST http://localhost:8088/ari/channels/1596750578.46/play?media=sound:hello-world,sound:tt-monkeys,number:553,sound:demo-instruct,number:123,number:456,number:789

If I attempt to stop while any of the numbers portions is being played, it does not stop the playback. I hear a skip or hiccup, but it continues playing.
When I send the same exact stop playback a few seconds later (after the 553 portion playing the sound portion), it does stop the playback. I have run this test several times and it’s failing.

curl -v -u asterisk:asterisk -X DELETE http://localhost:8088/ari/playbacks/3b38730d-7954-4c50-9cdc-e4643ffc8c62

I am using 16.12.0

Is there some reason a DELETE playback doesn’t work during a number portion or is this a bug?

Dan
Back to top
jcolp at sangoma.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] ARI Stop Playback Reply with quote

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 7:28 PM Dan Cropp <dan@amtelco.com (dan@amtelco.com)> wrote:

[...]

They are two separate paths and implementations, and I don't think the number part has implemented the handling of stop and such.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead
dan at amtelco.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] ARI Stop Playback Reply with quote

Thank you Joshua. That matches what I experienced last week.

I will build the string to play the number prompts using individual sound prompts instead of using number.

Dan

[...]

Display posts from previous:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:
You cannot vote in polls in this forum